Mission Statement

In classical sacrifices, the people get the good bits, and the gods get the refuse, the bits that would get thrown out otherwise.

Not our God. Leviticus (particularly Leviticus 3) describes the sacrifices that our LORD demanded from His people of Israel. God gets the kidneys, the tail, and all the fat. He gets the prime steak, He gets the best.

Today we do not literally give sacrifices of animals. For us the ultimate sacrifice has been made through our Lord, Christ Jesus. But should always be our ambition to do the same thing - to offer God the best of what we have, to offer Him the fat, and not the smoke and bones.

Monday 26 October 2009

Do Not Be Afraid

We are told many, many times throughout scripture to not be afraid. It doesn't mean we won't die, but it means that no matter what God is with us, and He is working out all things in our life according to His plan.

But many Christians are afraid.

I remember a conversation I had with a teenage girl from my church. She was very admiring of my desire to have lots of children. I'm used to that. People either think I'm loony or I'm a saint.

I told her why I believe that children are a blessing, and that that had made up my mind in the decision to have as many of them as God should choose to give me. She agreed with me. God said children were a blessing from God. We should not actively reject God's blessings.

And then she said it.

"I could never have more than two children. I mean, the great tribulation will come, and they'll probably be killed, and I'd be devestated."

I couldn't believe it. Seriously, I couldn't. Now, I don't have any particular view of end times. My philosophy is "God wins". I don't currently understand the book of Revelation, though I hope to with future readings and illumination from the Holy Spirit. But the thing is, IT DOESN'T MATTER.

We need to obey God regardless of external circumstances. Now, if I have 20 children, and every one of them gets killed in the great tribulation, then that is God's business. I need to be obedient to the Scriptures as I see them. And I can be confident that no matter what, God has all things under His control, and that all things are for His greater glory.

No comments: