Mission Statement

In classical sacrifices, the people get the good bits, and the gods get the refuse, the bits that would get thrown out otherwise.

Not our God. Leviticus (particularly Leviticus 3) describes the sacrifices that our LORD demanded from His people of Israel. God gets the kidneys, the tail, and all the fat. He gets the prime steak, He gets the best.

Today we do not literally give sacrifices of animals. For us the ultimate sacrifice has been made through our Lord, Christ Jesus. But should always be our ambition to do the same thing - to offer God the best of what we have, to offer Him the fat, and not the smoke and bones.

Thursday 29 July 2010

Trust

Trusting in God is HARD. His ways are not our ways, nor His thoughts our thoughts. We see only a small part - and we don't like it. Yet we cannot see its part in the big picture that God is painting.

We so often consider our way to be the right way, the best way, the way that will get us "there". And certainly, our way is often the easiest. And yet, who can tell what Paul would have been if it had not been for that thorn in his flesh that kept him humble. Maybe he would have been more efficient - but more insufferable. He may have started relying on his own strength rather than God's - only to find it giving out when he needed it most.

Life would be easier for me if I were married and not working, if my health were good, if I had more energy, if, if, if. And yet that is not what God has given me. It is not what God wants me to have, or I have all I need for perseverance in my relationship with God.

And that is really all that we need.

No comments: