Mission Statement

In classical sacrifices, the people get the good bits, and the gods get the refuse, the bits that would get thrown out otherwise.

Not our God. Leviticus (particularly Leviticus 3) describes the sacrifices that our LORD demanded from His people of Israel. God gets the kidneys, the tail, and all the fat. He gets the prime steak, He gets the best.

Today we do not literally give sacrifices of animals. For us the ultimate sacrifice has been made through our Lord, Christ Jesus. But should always be our ambition to do the same thing - to offer God the best of what we have, to offer Him the fat, and not the smoke and bones.

Sunday 1 August 2010

Storming the Gates

God will ultimately give us the victory. We just need to ride INTO the battle, not away from it!

God owns the whole earth. It is His, and everything on it belongs to Him. He can give it, and any portion of it, to anyone He wants. (Even me!)

Recently it has seemed to me that my vision is too small. Sure, I do more than 'most people'. But I should not be comparing myself to 'most people', I should be comparing myself to the standards in God's Word. And when I do that I see how much more there is to be done, in so, so many different areas.

International adoption is so rare in Australia. The foster care system is swamped. Children are being aborted every day. Aged people are being 'assisted' into the next life. Many have never even HEARD the gospel, let along accepted it. Millions go hungry every day...

And in all of these things I CAN DO MORE.

And when I do more, God will indeed give me the victory, for He has proclaimed that the gates of hell shall not prevail against it (see Matthew 16:18)

And the thing is, whenever we think about this verse, we always picture an embattled church, holding on, just holding on, because one day, Jesus is coming back and He will make everything good and right and perfect. (Yes, Jesus is coming back. And when He does, He will make all things good and right and perfect. But THAT IS NOT WHAT THIS VERSE IS ABOUT.)

No, the church here is ATTACKING. We are ATTACKING the gates of hell, and we are BRINGING THEM DOWN. They canNOT stand against the power of the blood of Jesus. They are POWERLESS against Him.

It's time for me (and probably you too) to enlarge our vision. To pray more. To do more. To give more, and to love more. Because God will give us every place where we set our foot (Joshua 1:3). We will have the victory, if only we will fight for it!

No comments: