Mission Statement

In classical sacrifices, the people get the good bits, and the gods get the refuse, the bits that would get thrown out otherwise.

Not our God. Leviticus (particularly Leviticus 3) describes the sacrifices that our LORD demanded from His people of Israel. God gets the kidneys, the tail, and all the fat. He gets the prime steak, He gets the best.

Today we do not literally give sacrifices of animals. For us the ultimate sacrifice has been made through our Lord, Christ Jesus. But should always be our ambition to do the same thing - to offer God the best of what we have, to offer Him the fat, and not the smoke and bones.

Tuesday 21 December 2010

Memorial Box Monday



This is my first time paticipating in this!

Anyway, God has really been laying it on my heart this year to sponsor children. God's heart is for the poor, the widow, and the orphan, and often these catagories overlap.

I was sponsoring two children through a centre in Uganda. One of the children (Joash) I sponsored had three siblings. While Joash's parents were both still alive, they are pastors in a broke community, and so they are broke.

I thought about it, and decided that I would sponsor an additional child. I was going to ask for one of Joash's siblings. But God told me not to ask, but to trust Him to work out all the details.

So I did. And I was told I had a girl by the name of Ingrid, with a surname different to Joash's.

I was a bit disappointed, but this child obviously needed sponsoring too. But God had said He would work out all the details.

About 10 minutes after I had got told that my sponsor child was Ingrid, I got a follow up email.

Ingrid was the older sister of Joash! I forgot that African children don't have the same surnames if they are different genders (I think the girls get the Mum's surname and boys get the Dad's.)

God does indeed answer prayers, even when we think He won't or that He has forgotten. He is a faithful God!

1 comment:

Mom Of Many said...

Sam-Is-Mad! Thank you for posting a MBox story. I love how God works out the details - amazing!!

Forgive me for taking so long to read your story - life {at least mine} just doesn't turn out like planned!

You are a blessing and I am thankful you took the time to write your story out. You rock!! xo