Mission Statement

In classical sacrifices, the people get the good bits, and the gods get the refuse, the bits that would get thrown out otherwise.

Not our God. Leviticus (particularly Leviticus 3) describes the sacrifices that our LORD demanded from His people of Israel. God gets the kidneys, the tail, and all the fat. He gets the prime steak, He gets the best.

Today we do not literally give sacrifices of animals. For us the ultimate sacrifice has been made through our Lord, Christ Jesus. But should always be our ambition to do the same thing - to offer God the best of what we have, to offer Him the fat, and not the smoke and bones.

Tuesday 20 December 2011

Romans 13

Besides this, you know the time, that the hour has come for you to wake from sleep. For salvation is nearer to us now than when we first believed. (verse 11)

The time has come to do the deeds of the light, wherever we go. To show to all those around us, especially those who are difficult and even in the human sense, unlovable.

The end of days is fast approaching. We are so much nearer the return of Christ than once we were. Yet when He returns, will He find faith on the earth? Will He find a living faith, characterized by action and not pretty words, in me?

I pray that He will do so! That He will look at me and say, “Well done, good and faithful servant.” I pray that He will say that to many.

But I know that that is not what He will say to all. Many are asleep, as though it were still night, and they have more interest in the deeds of the night than in the deed of the day, love.

May I always seek to live according to the day, according to the light He has given me. May I seek to love those around me, to do them good, even when it is very, very difficult on a human level.

No comments: