Mission Statement

In classical sacrifices, the people get the good bits, and the gods get the refuse, the bits that would get thrown out otherwise.

Not our God. Leviticus (particularly Leviticus 3) describes the sacrifices that our LORD demanded from His people of Israel. God gets the kidneys, the tail, and all the fat. He gets the prime steak, He gets the best.

Today we do not literally give sacrifices of animals. For us the ultimate sacrifice has been made through our Lord, Christ Jesus. But should always be our ambition to do the same thing - to offer God the best of what we have, to offer Him the fat, and not the smoke and bones.

Tuesday 28 February 2012

Memorial Box Monday

Last year, I hurt my back at work. I work in childcare, so it’s a fairly common thing to happen. And while it is mostly better, sometimes it can get really sore.

Well, Monday I woke up and my back was really sore. As in, it hurts to BREATHE sore. Tuesday came, and my back was still sore. I’m trying to pray more specifically, so I prayed that night that I would wake up the next morning and my back would be better – and not just better, but so completely fine that I wouldn’t even realise that it was better until later.

I woke up, and didn’t even notice that my back was fine, until someone else at work complained about their back! That was around lunchtime, so over 5 hours after waking before I even noticed! That’s how much better my back was!

Praise God!

3 comments:

Lexie said...

YAY God!!! I work at a childcare too :) So I understand!!

Mom Of Many said...

Awesome!! Don't you just love it when He heals it sooo good you forget you even had it? A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. Thank you for sharing! xo

Alisha said...

Years ago... I use to work at a daycare (I'm a live-in nanny now :o) I hurt my S.I. joint from picking up so many toddlers everyday. I understand how back/hip pain can be hard when you are unable to rest. Praise God that your back was feeling better though (so much so that you forgot)... how cool is that?!