Mission Statement

In classical sacrifices, the people get the good bits, and the gods get the refuse, the bits that would get thrown out otherwise.

Not our God. Leviticus (particularly Leviticus 3) describes the sacrifices that our LORD demanded from His people of Israel. God gets the kidneys, the tail, and all the fat. He gets the prime steak, He gets the best.

Today we do not literally give sacrifices of animals. For us the ultimate sacrifice has been made through our Lord, Christ Jesus. But should always be our ambition to do the same thing - to offer God the best of what we have, to offer Him the fat, and not the smoke and bones.

Friday 3 April 2009

Frugal Friday: Clean Skin

I've never had 'perfect' skin. Now that I'm approaching a quarter of a century I'm not getting many pimples (thank goodness for THAT) but I still get a large number of blackheads. Yay.

Recently I learnt how to get rid of them. And it is CHEAP.

When I have a shower I cleanse my face, then take about a teaspoon of bicarb soda and mix it with a little warm water. I then scrub my face with it for about a minute. I rinse my face. I do this about every two days, and my skin is so much clearer now that I do.

Warnings:
- Bicarb tastes bad. Keep your mouth closed.
- Bicarb stings your eyes. Keep your eyes closed.
- Bicarb is very drying. Make sure you apply mosturiser afterwards.

Seriously, what kind of face mask can you buy for the price of bicarb? Now that's frugal.

3 comments:

Shalet said...

It's great for washing hair too! Follow with a vinegar rinse and it's as good as shampoo and conditioner!

LS said...

Is bicarb soda the same as baking soda?

Sam-Is-Mad said...

Yes, it is.