Mission Statement

In classical sacrifices, the people get the good bits, and the gods get the refuse, the bits that would get thrown out otherwise.

Not our God. Leviticus (particularly Leviticus 3) describes the sacrifices that our LORD demanded from His people of Israel. God gets the kidneys, the tail, and all the fat. He gets the prime steak, He gets the best.

Today we do not literally give sacrifices of animals. For us the ultimate sacrifice has been made through our Lord, Christ Jesus. But should always be our ambition to do the same thing - to offer God the best of what we have, to offer Him the fat, and not the smoke and bones.

Thursday 9 April 2009

What Are Our Goals

I've been thinking a lot about goals recently. What ARE our goals? What are MY goals?

I've kind of come to a stand still here - my main goal was always to have children, but I can't exactly do that on my own here. And as there appear to be no prospects on THAT horizon, I often allow everything else to slip, especially when things get difficult.

The goals I have to marry and have children, to bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the LORD, to vbe a helpmeet to my husband - they are noble goals. But if I only focus on them I'm not doing what I can now.

So what are my goals?
- To spend time in the Word every day, with the aim of reading about 10 chapters a day. This would mean that I'd read the Bible at least twice a year.
- To save a significant part of my income in order to prepare for the fees associated with an international adoption. (I have a dollar goal per pay packet, but for obvious reasons, I'm not posting that.)
- To reform my speech and thought patterns so that I more accurately reflect Christ. This isn't easy in the workplace I'm in - there is a lot of swearing when the kids are not around (and sometimes when they are - sometimes from the kids!) but I am making progress.
- To be bold in speaking about Christ. This is something I always need to work on.

No comments: