Mission Statement

In classical sacrifices, the people get the good bits, and the gods get the refuse, the bits that would get thrown out otherwise.

Not our God. Leviticus (particularly Leviticus 3) describes the sacrifices that our LORD demanded from His people of Israel. God gets the kidneys, the tail, and all the fat. He gets the prime steak, He gets the best.

Today we do not literally give sacrifices of animals. For us the ultimate sacrifice has been made through our Lord, Christ Jesus. But should always be our ambition to do the same thing - to offer God the best of what we have, to offer Him the fat, and not the smoke and bones.

Saturday 14 January 2012

2 Corinthians 1

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort (verse 3)

This passage, and this verse in particular just moved me so much to worship God. He is so GOOD to me in so many ways, pouring out blessing after blessing after blessing. He is my Comfort, my Rock, my Salvation.

Yet how little I truly worship Him! Worship should not be confined to a few house on a Sunday, or even adding in a weekly small group, occasional prayer meeting and personal Quiet Time. Worship needs to be arising continually from my heart.

I feel I have grown much as a worshipper while I have been in Uganda. I have had some wonderful times of intimacy with God, both individually and in the presence of others. But I cannot, I must not, let this greater degree, greater heart for worship stay in Uganda. It needs to be a continuous part of my life, ever growing.

And if my God, who is Faithful and True, He will continue building such a heart in me. He will continue the good work He has done throughout my time in Uganda. And how I praise Him for that!

No comments: