Mission Statement

In classical sacrifices, the people get the good bits, and the gods get the refuse, the bits that would get thrown out otherwise.

Not our God. Leviticus (particularly Leviticus 3) describes the sacrifices that our LORD demanded from His people of Israel. God gets the kidneys, the tail, and all the fat. He gets the prime steak, He gets the best.

Today we do not literally give sacrifices of animals. For us the ultimate sacrifice has been made through our Lord, Christ Jesus. But should always be our ambition to do the same thing - to offer God the best of what we have, to offer Him the fat, and not the smoke and bones.

Monday 23 January 2012

2 Corinthians 5

For the love of Christ controls us / For Christ’s love compels us (from verse 14, EDV/NIV)

This is my verse chunk for the year of 2011, the verse I want to be living by. To live according to His love, and to have it controlling me every though, compelling my every action.

It amazes me the progress God has made in my life this year (for it definitely wasn’t me who made it!) I grew a lot in patience and holding my tongue last year, the kind of grit your teeth patience. This year, I have grown more in loving-kindness, the kind of patience that emphasizes with the one causing the need for patience that emphasizes with the one causing the need for patience. I have grown in my knowledge of the Scriptures, and I have grown closer to Him.

Truly, it is not my love that I expend on those who demand love whilst being ‘difficult’. It is His love, being poured out by the power of the Holy Spirit, though me and my life. And what a privilege to be so used by God.

I need more of His love in my life. I need it to completely control me, that I might truly be a bright light for Him. I need to be compelled by His love to go further, do more for those who so desperately need love and a touch from Christ.

No comments: