Mission Statement

In classical sacrifices, the people get the good bits, and the gods get the refuse, the bits that would get thrown out otherwise.

Not our God. Leviticus (particularly Leviticus 3) describes the sacrifices that our LORD demanded from His people of Israel. God gets the kidneys, the tail, and all the fat. He gets the prime steak, He gets the best.

Today we do not literally give sacrifices of animals. For us the ultimate sacrifice has been made through our Lord, Christ Jesus. But should always be our ambition to do the same thing - to offer God the best of what we have, to offer Him the fat, and not the smoke and bones.

Friday 11 May 2012

John 1

Behold the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world. (From verse 29)

How much do I believe that Jesus takes away the sin of the world? Seriously, how much?

If we believe, it will come out in our actions. It is inevitable. Yet I care so little for the lost, especially those in far off countries. I pray only a little for them. I give little to those who are reaching out to them. And my own preparations to move out to the mission field move slowly, at least in part because of a lack of fiery effort on my own part.

There are so many things waiting to distract us. But if we truly believe what God has said then we will not become distracted. We will reach for the goal with all our efforts, with all our hearts, as part of our service to the Lamb who saved us from sin.

I want to give my life to Him, to making His name known, to making His name great. There is no cause greater, no one greater.

So the question is – how much do I believe? Enough to act? I pray so.

No comments: