Mission Statement

In classical sacrifices, the people get the good bits, and the gods get the refuse, the bits that would get thrown out otherwise.

Not our God. Leviticus (particularly Leviticus 3) describes the sacrifices that our LORD demanded from His people of Israel. God gets the kidneys, the tail, and all the fat. He gets the prime steak, He gets the best.

Today we do not literally give sacrifices of animals. For us the ultimate sacrifice has been made through our Lord, Christ Jesus. But should always be our ambition to do the same thing - to offer God the best of what we have, to offer Him the fat, and not the smoke and bones.

Thursday 17 May 2012

John 3

The Father loves the Son and has given all things into His hand (verse 35).

All things are in my God’s control. The big things and the little things, things I like and things I don’t.

I am reminded of the martyred death of Lady Jane Grey, and the ascension to the throne of the Catholic queen Mary. It must have seemed like an utter defeat for the protestants. But Mary’s bloody reign meant that England became protestant. Even God’s enemies do God’s will.

How do I react to this fact in my own life? Do I trust in Him, committing all things into His hands? Or do I worry, gripe and whine, thinking that things are getting out of control? In all honesty, it is a bit of both, but I am learning to trust in God and His providence more and more each day. And I have no doubt that God will continue to teach me in this area, for He not only holds all things in His hands, but He does all things for the sake of His children, including me!

No comments: