Mission Statement

In classical sacrifices, the people get the good bits, and the gods get the refuse, the bits that would get thrown out otherwise.

Not our God. Leviticus (particularly Leviticus 3) describes the sacrifices that our LORD demanded from His people of Israel. God gets the kidneys, the tail, and all the fat. He gets the prime steak, He gets the best.

Today we do not literally give sacrifices of animals. For us the ultimate sacrifice has been made through our Lord, Christ Jesus. But should always be our ambition to do the same thing - to offer God the best of what we have, to offer Him the fat, and not the smoke and bones.

Saturday 30 March 2013

Day Eight: Wednesday 20.06.2012

When I got to school my lesson had already started, so they just swapped it to be exactly when I got there. I’m not sure when anything is – no one seems to tell me exactly when. It is a different way of doing things.
While P4 had maths I went to the library and read the story Ivan wrote, which is about his life. It is something that I can work with to do a few different things. I’ll get a printed copy bound – a few copies even – and also I will get Ivan to do some illustrations and then make it into a PSB. We can either get it published by an independent publisher or by a more recognised Christian publisher. Ivan is excited about it, but doesn’t seem to understand most of it. But he is very proud of it, as he should be.
I took a photo of the P4 mathematics work – very different from what grade 3s do in Australia!

After lunch I went into P4, thinking that I would observe a class. The children were leading Praise and Worship. Their teacher came in, and after 5 minutes, asked me if I wanted to teach. I asked him what the subject was. “Story time,” he said. “Story time?” “Yes, you tell them a story.” “A… Bible story? You mean, it is RE class?” “Yes. Tell them a Bible Story.” So I told them the SIV (Sam’s Interpreted Version) of Joseph, which was my Sunday School lesson that I had prepared but hadn’t done. Apparently it was a big success, because several teachers (including ones who weren’t there) have told me that it was a great class, which is pretty good!
I went on the internet at the café again, and tried to sort out an issue that is happening with uni. I think I got it all sorted.
After that I went to one of the craft shops in town, and bought 2 necklaces, which I will use to make bags.

No comments: