Mission Statement

In classical sacrifices, the people get the good bits, and the gods get the refuse, the bits that would get thrown out otherwise.

Not our God. Leviticus (particularly Leviticus 3) describes the sacrifices that our LORD demanded from His people of Israel. God gets the kidneys, the tail, and all the fat. He gets the prime steak, He gets the best.

Today we do not literally give sacrifices of animals. For us the ultimate sacrifice has been made through our Lord, Christ Jesus. But should always be our ambition to do the same thing - to offer God the best of what we have, to offer Him the fat, and not the smoke and bones.

Wednesday 20 March 2013

Day One: Wednesday 13.06.2012

The first flight went smoothly. I did some reading and watched some TV & movies. All the food was fine for my dietary requirements, except one meal had eggs (which I need to limit, and are gross anyway), and another had strawberries, which I picked out.

Arrival at Doha went well, our departure lounge was right where we were dropped off on the bus. Esther had some pretty bad motion sickness, but she managed to keep from being sick on the bus to our next flight.

This time to Uganda there were a lot more white people on the flight, probably because it is safari season. I’m not planning on going on a safari, it would bore me immensely. I would see a lion and think “yep, that’s a lion,” and that’s it. Besides, I don’t have much time in Uganda, and I really want to use this precious time to make a real difference in people’s lives and eternities, not in seeing large animals.

Oh – and they just announced my allergies, and they included pollen (not fish, my next most serious to gluten & dairy), and asked passengers to refrain from eating pollen, gluten and dairy. That’s right, no eating pollen on this flight!

We arrived at Entebbe, got our visas and luggage, and then met Anne, who is the director of Bushikori. She had a bunch of flowers for each of us. We waited for a bit at the airport and met Samson, Anne’s oldest son. When then drove to a hotel in Kampala near where Anne’s son-in-law, Jerome, works.



Esther and I had a rest and a sleep, then ate dinner. There was something I could eat on the menu, so that was good! Then we went back to our rooms to have a bit more of a sleep.

No comments: