Mission Statement

In classical sacrifices, the people get the good bits, and the gods get the refuse, the bits that would get thrown out otherwise.

Not our God. Leviticus (particularly Leviticus 3) describes the sacrifices that our LORD demanded from His people of Israel. God gets the kidneys, the tail, and all the fat. He gets the prime steak, He gets the best.

Today we do not literally give sacrifices of animals. For us the ultimate sacrifice has been made through our Lord, Christ Jesus. But should always be our ambition to do the same thing - to offer God the best of what we have, to offer Him the fat, and not the smoke and bones.

Tuesday 12 March 2013

Monday 21.11.11 15th full day in Uganda

In the morning I worked with Top Class on their concert (and got lots of photos) and then played with Baby Class, including with bubbles (and again getting lots of photos).

Abby dashed home from school halfway through bubble time, and promptly had a profound case of gastro all over the bathroom.

At lunchtime, the girls watched Hannah Montana for the fifth time in 3 days (thankfully, I’ve managed to avoid seeing the whole thing through).

At the Primary School I helped mark exams, and got to use the pit latrines. Let me just say, pit toilets are gross. GROSS I SAY.

I spent most of the rest of the day resting, and then after dinner Britt and I watched The Last Song, and made snarky comments while bawling. Andrew worked on the LOT logo for next year, but made the comment that he was glad that he wasn’t watching it, because if he cried at something so terrible he would have to neuter himself.

The power went off 3 times today. Very thankful we have a generator as a way of keeping electricity on. It’s hard to imagine life – especially in the office – without it. The computer would be off for days at a time, and no doubt halfway through very important work.

More boys wanted to be my “friend” today. I got offered several phone numbers, all of which I turned down. I don’t even have a phone here, so there was no chance of that.

No comments: