Mission Statement

In classical sacrifices, the people get the good bits, and the gods get the refuse, the bits that would get thrown out otherwise.

Not our God. Leviticus (particularly Leviticus 3) describes the sacrifices that our LORD demanded from His people of Israel. God gets the kidneys, the tail, and all the fat. He gets the prime steak, He gets the best.

Today we do not literally give sacrifices of animals. For us the ultimate sacrifice has been made through our Lord, Christ Jesus. But should always be our ambition to do the same thing - to offer God the best of what we have, to offer Him the fat, and not the smoke and bones.

Monday 11 March 2013

Sunday 20.11.11 - 14th full day in Uganda

We got some bad news – Simba died during the night. Unia is not having a good run of things at the moment.

My reading this morning was interrupted by Amaya, who had locked herself in the downstairs toilet. It’s pretty difficult to instruct a five year old how to turn a sticky lock through a locked door. Eventually she was free, which is good, because I usually use that toilet!

We all went to part of the first service, which is in Lubra. Andrew was preaching, and I took notes. The worship was all in Lubra.

The second (Luganda) service was this week being run by the men. I stayed home and minded Amaya and Abby. It ended up going for 4 hours. Britt came back after 2 ½. Apparently it was all on how women need to be their husband’s helper. I’m actually all for that, but I’m not married, so I’m glad I missed out on four hours of that.

The rest of Sunday was quiet, with me mostly spending time reading or beginning my planning for next year. Lots of plans on things I want to do, including more missions. Stay tuned!

No comments: