Mission Statement

In classical sacrifices, the people get the good bits, and the gods get the refuse, the bits that would get thrown out otherwise.

Not our God. Leviticus (particularly Leviticus 3) describes the sacrifices that our LORD demanded from His people of Israel. God gets the kidneys, the tail, and all the fat. He gets the prime steak, He gets the best.

Today we do not literally give sacrifices of animals. For us the ultimate sacrifice has been made through our Lord, Christ Jesus. But should always be our ambition to do the same thing - to offer God the best of what we have, to offer Him the fat, and not the smoke and bones.

Friday 15 March 2013

Thursday 24.11.11 18th full day in Uganda

I slept in today, because it was raining and so dark, so the rooster didn’t crow. So the morning was a bit of a rush. But I got to devotions only 5 minutes late – at the same time as Grace.

Nursery school was pretty much exactly as normal. I re-cleaned Elijah’s arm. He was really, really excited about being able to have the hand sanitizer again – so much so that he got it down from my shelf and poured about 5 times the about he needed the second I had finished putting on the bandage.

I ate the teacher’s lunch again – matoke! I’m going to have to hunt out matoke bananas in Australia. I asked for just the sauce and not the meat in the stew, which the cooks thought was crazy. I then mixed in some of the leftover vegies from last night. Yum! People also asked me grasshoppers, but I said no. They implied that I was chicken, so I told them I’ve eaten big, fat, LIVE caterpillars (witchedy grubs) before. They all shuddered, and they now have complete faith in my bravery concerning all things food.

After that I went on the internet for about an hour and caught up on emails and blogs. I am very thankful that I thought to pre-schedule posts for all 3 blogs before going to Uganda.

Primary school was again games, only this time, netball. I had brought a notebook that I am writing in, which made watching sports easier, but I went home at 3 again.

I went out on a boda to Garden City Mall, to buy an extra book, some drawing paper for Amaya, and some of the bike toys made by orphans for the Nursery school. I got 8 for 40,000 shillings, then hopped on a boda for home.

On the way it started spitting. My boda began by sheltering under an underpass, but realised that it wasn’t going to give any shelter, so he kept going. Let me tell you, rain on a boda STINGS. I was soaked like a drowned rat by the time I got home. The bikes were wet, but soon dried out, and my book and Amaya’s drawing paper remained dry, being wrapped in a plastic bag.

Lisa and Chantelle stayed for dinner. (Chantelle is our housekeeper.) Chantelle is leaving tomorrow to go to the DRC to vote.

No comments: