Mission Statement

In classical sacrifices, the people get the good bits, and the gods get the refuse, the bits that would get thrown out otherwise.

Not our God. Leviticus (particularly Leviticus 3) describes the sacrifices that our LORD demanded from His people of Israel. God gets the kidneys, the tail, and all the fat. He gets the prime steak, He gets the best.

Today we do not literally give sacrifices of animals. For us the ultimate sacrifice has been made through our Lord, Christ Jesus. But should always be our ambition to do the same thing - to offer God the best of what we have, to offer Him the fat, and not the smoke and bones.

Sunday 31 March 2013

Day Nine: Thursday 21.06.2012

Esther was sick today with killer hay-fever. The meds are also knocking her out, so she decided to stay home and rest for the big day on Saturday. It meant that there was just enough space in the bus for me to go to Morning Glory (the morning prayer service). Anne wasn’t sure if I had enough time to get ready, but I was ready, and not even the last person into the van!
I spent the morning marking P4 test papers. At break I had porridge with the children, which they thought was hilarious, then I went to P4 to teach comprehension. Easiest class I’ve EVER taught – everything was written up for me, we read the piece twice through, and then the children worked in almost silence.



The afternoon included chapel, which was fun. P4 were leading. While we were there it started raining, and so it was interesting getting the children to cross a busy highway in the rain! Although the other teachers offered for me to go in out of the rain I declined as I don’t mind getting wet – and they all do!
After school I went on the internet again, then to the other craft shop, but they didn’t have anything I wanted, so I caught a boda home.
At home, a local artist stopped by and showed me his work. He said he had been by before, so I assumed he’d seen Esther, but he hadn’t. I got some beautiful fabric paintings (3 for my family, 1 for the church and one for me) and two ink and watercolour pieces. They were all very beautiful, and Esther is a bit sad to have missed it.
An interesting note – there are much less power outages than there were last year in Kampala. I’m not sure if it is a location factor or a time factor, but either way, it does make life easier!

No comments: